Private Community Discussion Forums & Sharing

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with your community around the world.
Share the knowledge. Help one another. Always remembering golden rule of Love thy Neighbor.

Homepage Private Community Forums Private Trusts & Private Foundations Invoicing for your productivity

  • Invoicing for your productivity

    Posted by Jordan47 on March 29, 2023 at 11:19 pm

    I’ve gone through most of the Q&As and haven’t quite found the answer Im looking for, Im a tradesman working for a family business (they operate from a registered trust), obviously when they employed me they employed the estate (all caps name) owned by the state.

    How do I transition from that, to invoicing them for my labour?

    I understand I can get them to pay me directly into my trust account but how do I go about contracting with them i.e. removing the state name they employed from their system and then invoicing them for my sweat equity.

    How would holidays and sick pay work? Would I just need to arrange a new contract/agreement with them? Is there a contract template I could possibly use?

  • 2 Replies
  • risingsun

    April 12, 2023 at 4:27 am

    Im no expert, but wouldnt u set up a pma (private membership association)….the pma, of which you administrate can invoice your employers trust. Dont want to speak to much out of turn as im still learning myself and dont want to give you some false info, but do some digging around that…i think they use a guy called peter duff to set up pma’s …if you find a satisfactory answer, please post. Thanks and best of luck.

  • morag-janet-of-the-hill-family

    April 12, 2023 at 6:19 am

    There’s a Q and A tonight wjere you can ask this question of Mark. Put Q… before your question so he can easily see it and get on early and cut and paste your question in straight away. Register for the webinar here

    General Q&A: April 12